Job Location: Corporate Headquarters - Huntington Beach, CA - Huntington Beach, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: None
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Warehouse
We are seeking a team oriented individual to join our Warehouse Operations team. We offer competitive pay, health benefits, 401K, paid time off, and a positive company culture. Come grow with us! This position is responsible for the processing of incoming and outgoing orders. Duties include, but are not limited to picking, packing, assembly, receiving, and shipping. Carries out delegated responsibilities for B2B, direct to school and international business channels in accordance with TCM’s policies and applicable law. Willingness to work overtime as required.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Pick, pack, and ship orders according to established standards
- Process external mail and other related parcel items
- Operate material handling equipment, manifest shipping system and barcode scanners
- Receive and pickup items for immediate, next day or future delivery
- Load and unload trucks. Move material utilizing pallet jack or sit down forklift
- Receive and deliver internal mail throughout the office
- Process return to stock receipts
- Assist in the slotting of high frequency inventory materials
- Responsible for maintaining the warehouse floor. Cleaning, stacking, sorting etc.
- Process inventory transactions related to the movement of goods
- Perform cycle counts as needed
- Replenish product that has been received and assigned to a bin location
- Prepare boxed or bundled materials for distribution or storage.
- Assist and advise other production departments on order fulfillment related issues
- Participate in corrective action teams to effectively manage operational issues
- Other duties may be assigned
- GENERAL: Ability to use the following equipment: Personal Computer with Internet, MS Office and Elan systems, 10-Key calculator, tape machine, off line postage meter, pallet jack, shrink-wrap machines and various other office and warehouse equipment.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures. Ability to fill in routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before internal team members and associates of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral or written form. Ability to deal with problems involving multiple concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Frequent daily use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
- Frequent walking or standing for an extended period of time on concrete and uneven surfaces.
- Climbing - daily use of stairs and ladders.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Warehouse environment.
- Frequent exposure to material handling equipment.
- Occasional exposure to high and precarious places.
- Frequent exposure to varying temperatures and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Teacher Created Materials (TCM) is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran. This policy of non-discrimination and affirmative action applies to all levels of employment and to all employment practices, including (but not limited to) compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, educational, training, recreational and social activities.